m2act Call for Action 2023
Team up & make a change – Sustainable change in work practice with expert knowledge
Do you want to tackle a current, concrete challenge in your working reality or sustainably change the way you work?
Do you want to do this with the support of experts?
Are there certain tools, methods or processes that you would like to be using?
Is your project in line with m2act’s objectives? (fair practice, sustainability, open knowledge transfer)
Are you prepared to compile your insights from the process and share them with others?
Do you have time to flesh out your project in detail by summer 2023 and complete it by summer 2024?
The m2act Call for Action 2023 is aimed at companies, theatres, festivals, production offices, networks and other fixed formations and structures that are co-creatively – namely together with experts – tackling a specific challenge in their everyday work and would like to apply solutions. The applicants may put forward experts themselves or, should their project be selected, search for suitable people together with m2act.
What does an application need to contain?
Applications can be submitted via the online application form untill 4 April 2023. They must contain, among other things, the following information:
- Where do you see a challenge or opportunity?
- Why is addressing this challenge important and urgent?
- To what extent and how have you addressed this challenge already?
- Who could support you in addressing this challenge with their expertise?
- Is there a specific “tool” (tool, method, process) that you would like to use? Why is this?
- What do you hope to see from the intervention/process?
- To what extent could other organisations/cultural artists in the performing arts also benefit from your project being supported?
- How will the intervention/process proceed?
- How much do you expect it to cost?
What are the conditions and evaluation criteria?
- The project is developed and implemented through creative collaboration;
- is fair and sustainable in practice;
- is impact-oriented;
- is capable of being professionally developed further and implemented;
- is developed and implemented in Switzerland.
- Relevance for the performing arts as per our call to action.
- Added value/value proposition for many people engaged within the world of performing arts and projects in the performing arts.
- The main protagonists of the idea must be domiciled in Switzerland.
Important dates & selection procedure:
- Launch of the call for action on the submission portal: 06.03.2023
- Open Zoom call (4 p.m.-6 p.m.): The m2act team will be on hand to answer any questions about the call and the funding process. The Zoom links will be published on Instagram and m2act.ch: 21.03.2023 and 23.03.2023
- Closing of the call for action (the submission portal closes at 11:59 p.m.): 04.04.2023
- Invitation to present project or rejection of proposal: 28.04.2023
- Presentation of project (over Zoom): 16.05.2023
- Acceptance and rejection letters sent out: 17.05.2023
- First discussion meetings/kick-off of the development phase: 23.05.2023 and 25.05.2023
- Second discussion meeting/kick-off of the implementation phase & final meeting: agreed on an individual basis
Detailed information on the call for proposals, process and conditions:
Zoom Info Calls:
Do you have any questions about the Call for Action 2023? Join us on Zoom on:
21.03.2023: 16:00-17:00 in German & English, 17:00-18:00 in French & English
23.03.2023: 16:00-17:00 in French & Italian, 17:00-18:00 in German & English
What is m2act?
m2act supports projects that contribute to fair and sustainable practices in the performing arts. The focus is on initiatives that are relevant to many people engaged in the cultural sector and that are implemented on a co-creative basis. Our networking events provide a platform for exchange and the co-creation and testing of forward-looking ideas and approaches for the performing arts. Knowledge, insights and practical tips gathered at the events and throughout the projects that have received funding are available to all interested parties in a digital toolbox.
Information on other funding formats for the performing arts (ideation and diffusion): www.migros-kulturprozent.ch